2017 Weekly Summer Events
We often get asked what there is to do around here. The answer is complex as there is A LOT to do depending on what your interests are. However so much of it depends on what week or weekend you’re staying at Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast. The good news is that there are several awesome things that happen every week during the summer months.
On Wednesday’s at the Lion’s Park in Lindstrom we have “Harmony in the Park“. Every week is uniquely different and it’s hard to describe. There is a “pre-game” activity or activities ranging from an Antique Car Show to a local clogging group that starts at 6:30 pm. At 7pm is when the music starts at the outdoor Amphitheatre located right there in the park. Again each week is different but ranges from American Folk to a really good Elvis impersonator. Did I mention he’s really good?!?! Ha! The point is, Wednesday nights are a fabulous opportunity to get in touch with your grass roots and join the locals at a great venue. Just plan to bring bug spray and a blanket or lawn chair. We are in Minnesota after all… Here is a link to the schedule: Harmony in the Park 2017
St. Croix Falls has our next weekly event on Friday nights at The Overlook. Its a deck built into the cliffs that has the mighty St.Croix River as it’s backdrop. The drive there on Highway 8 is just about as scenic as it winds around the bluffs. Rock formations on your left, a bird’s-eye view of the river valley to your left, it’s worth just driving there for that. But if it’s Friday night, it’s worth heading into St. Croix Falls and catching a show. Here’s a link to their Facebook Page! Also note that if there is rain, you will still get to enjoy the show just indoors at The Dalles House.
I’ve mentioned before our local farmer’s markets but it’s worth bringing them up again. What makes these markets so great is that they are more like a bazaar than just a farmers market. With things like fresh cut flowers, nursery plants, homemade jams and breads as well as items made by local crafters, these Farmers Markets are the place to go! Lindstrom has theirs on Wednesday Evenings from 3pm-6pm and Saturday Mornings 8am-12pm at St. Bridgets Catholic Church Parking lot. Chisago City has theirs on Friday nights from 2pm-6:30pm at Moberg Park. Check out their schedule as they also host local musicians and artists for more community fun!
Can you believe these are just the weekly events?!?! Watch for upcoming blogs about the “usual” things to do based on interest. Can’t wait!
- 5 Reasons our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Getaway
- 7 Wineries to Visit Near the Chisago Lakes in Minnesota
- Biking the Swedish Immigrant Trail Near our Inn
- Take a Scenic Boat Tour During Your Stay at Summit Inn
- The Best Hiking Near Our Center City Bed and Breakfast
- Plan Ahead for your Getaways in 2019!
- Plan a Valentine’s Day Getaway to the Summit Inn!
- Buy a Gift Certificate For the Summit Inn
- Our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Fall Getaway
- Wineries and Wine Tasting Events Near our Bed and Breakfast
- Finding the Best Fall Foliage Near Center City
- Explore the Communities of Chisago Lakes, Minnesota
- Scenic Boat Tours in Taylors Falls, Minnesota
- Travel the Chisago Lakes Water Trail
- State Parks Near Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast
- An Unforgettable Mothers Day Getaway in Minnesota
- Spring Getaway to the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Wine Tasting in Center City, Minnesota
- Fall Foliage in the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Get on the Water in the Chisago Lakes Area in Minnesota
- This Weekend in Center City (7/31/17)
- Culture in the Valley
- July 12th-16th ~ 2017 Karl Oskar Days
- Midsummer 2017
- 2017 Weekly Summer Events
- June 9-11 Wannigan Days
- Memorial Day 2017
- St. Croix Valley Pottery Tour for Mother’s Day!
- May 6th, 2017 Bird Walk