The Best Hiking Near Our Center City Bed and Breakfast
This has been a cold and at times crazy winter in Minnesota, so we are very much looking forward to a warmer and calmer spring in Center City. As the weather warms up a bit, it has us thinking about the upcoming spring months and the start to an incredible hiking season. The Chisago Lakes Area, which encompasses the towns of Chisago City, Lindstrom, Center City, Shafer and Taylors Falls, is a beautiful region to explore, with a variety of hiking and other outdoor activities to enjoy, as well as plenty of ways to relax. This spring, head outside for some of Minnesota’s best hiking. Book your room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.
Best Hiking Trails Near our Bed and Breakfast
As Mother Nature begins her grand reawakening this spring, it will be a great time to get outside and enjoy a little bit of hiking. The Center City area has a great variety of parks and hiking trails worthy of exploration. In fact, there are over 40 parks in the Chisago Lakes area, including Wild River State Park and Minnesota Interstate State Park, which combined offer over 40 miles of spectacular hiking trails. The three closest state parks to Center City include Interstate State Park, Wild River State Park, and William O’Brien State Park. They are all approximately a 15 minute drive from the Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast. Here are some of the best hiking trails to test out the next time you visit our Bed and Breakfast in Center City:
- The most popular hiking trail in Interstate State Park is the Glacial Potholes Trail. Here, you can peer into the world’s deepest pothole, walk down into the Bake Oven Pothole, and spend your time exploring a variety of potholes along the river gorge. Spring is also the perfect time to see the area’s wildflowers.
- Wild River State Park, nestled on the shores of the St. Croix River, offers a bit more for the avid hiker. In total, there are over 30 miles of hiking trails within the Park. These include trails like Sunrise Trail, which extends north ten miles to the Sunrise River, and White Pine Ridge Trail, which rewards hikers with a spectacular view of the river valley. Wild River is also a wonderful place to view wildlife, including hawks, owls, eagles, songbirds, beaver, raccoon, fox, coyote, otter, mink, and so much more.
- William O’Brien State Park is a beautiful park. A popular activity here is to walk the 1.6 miles on the Riverside Trail, which winds along the St. Croix River, Lake Alice, and majestic 100-year old pine trees. The hiking trails here offer a quiet respite in the rolling, wooded hills. The river is also a migratory pathway that offers visitors an exciting diversity of sights and sounds to enjoy.
Center City is truly one of Minnesota’s most beautiful destinations, and it’s not too far from Minneapolis/St. Paul. Your stay at our Inn will be equal parts memorable and relaxing. Get your Spring getaway plans in order today! Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Center City, Minnesota!
- Take a Scenic Boat Tour During Your Stay at Summit Inn
- The Best Hiking Near Our Center City Bed and Breakfast
- Plan Ahead for your Getaways in 2019!
- Plan a Valentine’s Day Getaway to the Summit Inn!
- Buy a Gift Certificate For the Summit Inn
- Our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Fall Getaway
- Wineries and Wine Tasting Events Near our Bed and Breakfast
- Finding the Best Fall Foliage Near Center City
- Explore the Communities of Chisago Lakes, Minnesota
- Scenic Boat Tours in Taylors Falls, Minnesota
- Travel the Chisago Lakes Water Trail
- State Parks Near Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast
- An Unforgettable Mothers Day Getaway in Minnesota
- Spring Getaway to the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Wine Tasting in Center City, Minnesota
- Fall Foliage in the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Get on the Water in the Chisago Lakes Area in Minnesota
- This Weekend in Center City (7/31/17)
- Culture in the Valley
- July 12th-16th ~ 2017 Karl Oskar Days
- Midsummer 2017
- 2017 Weekly Summer Events
- June 9-11 Wannigan Days
- Memorial Day 2017
- St. Croix Valley Pottery Tour for Mother’s Day!
- May 6th, 2017 Bird Walk