Things to do this Winter Near our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast
Looking for some fun and new things to do this winter in Minnesota? Why not head down to the St. Croix River Valley to the charming towns of the Chisago Lakes Area for a getaway you won’t soon forget? It’s true that there is no shortage of fun things to do in Minnesota in the winter. When the snow begins to fall for the year, the state transforms into a winter playground for outdoor enthusiasts. All you need are a few good layers and a great place to unwind after a day in the snow, and you have the makings of a perfect getaway.
Speaking of lodging, there’s no place quite as nice as our charming Bed and Breakfast, located in the town of Center City. Don’t let the cold weather stop you from having fun! Experience the silent beauty and welcome solitude of winter in Minnesota. When you’re ready, come back to our Inn to warm up and refuel for another day of fun in Minnesota’s winter wonderland. Book your room at our Bed and Breakfast today!
7 Amazing Things to do This Winter Near our Inn
Anyone who has been to Minnesota probably knows that winter’s don’t slow us down much. If they did, we’d never get anything done. Winter just offers up more excuses to get outside and play. Snow lovers will delight in all of the fun things to do this winter.
Luckily for you, our Inn is located near some of the top winter attractions in the state. There’s no better place to enjoy an exciting winter getaway. Here are 7 of our favorite things to do this winter!
- Enjoy a day or two cross country skiing or snowshoeing around the Chisago Lakes themselves on the Chisago Lakes Water Trail. This is definitely a unique way to experience these lakes.
- Go ice fishing on the Chisago Lakes! The lakes are well stocked, and there are even ice fishing competitions in the winter. The 2020 Ice Fishing Championship will be held on February 16, 2020.
- Head to Interstate State Park for an afternoon of snowshoeing around the park’s ungroomed trails. The southern part of the park near the offices is especially easy terrain.
- Wild River State Park and Williams O’Brien State Park have groomed trails for cross country skiing in the winter, along with plenty of ungroomed trails that you can tack on snowshoes.
- Nearby Wild Mountain offers an exceptional place for skiing, snowboarding, and tubing. They even have night skiing, which is one of the most beautiful things to do this winter in Minnesota. Another great place for skiing and snowboarding is Trollhaugen Ski Area.
- Go ice skating at Chuckie Lundquist Memorial Park or the Shafer Ice Rink.
- There are 120+ miles of snowmobile trails in the area, each maintained by the Wild River Snowmobile Club.
The Best Lodging in the St. Croix River Valley
We haven’t even touched the tip of the iceberg when it comes to fun things to do this winter in Minnesota. Center City is a great place to get away, as there are more than enough things to do here to keep you busy. When it’s time to relax, our romantic Bed and Breakfast is exactly what you’re looking for.
Each guest room at our Inn is distinct, designed with nothing but your comfort in mind. Among our plentiful amenities, you’ll enjoy complimentary wine from Winehaven Winery, a local wineryWake up to the sumptuous smells of breakfast wafting out of the kitchen, where you’ll get fueled up for another exciting day ahead. Our Inn is the perfect place to relax, unwind, and focus on nothing but having a good time. Minnesota is a winter wonderland. Book your room and come enjoy it for yourself this winter!
- Things to do this Winter Near our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast
- 5 Reasons our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Getaway
- 7 Wineries to Visit Near the Chisago Lakes in Minnesota
- Biking the Swedish Immigrant Trail Near our Inn
- Take a Scenic Boat Tour During Your Stay at Summit Inn
- The Best Hiking Near Our Center City Bed and Breakfast
- Plan Ahead for your Getaways in 2019!
- Plan a Valentine’s Day Getaway to the Summit Inn!
- Buy a Gift Certificate For the Summit Inn
- Our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Fall Getaway
- Wineries and Wine Tasting Events Near our Bed and Breakfast
- Finding the Best Fall Foliage Near Center City
- Explore the Communities of Chisago Lakes, Minnesota
- Scenic Boat Tours in Taylors Falls, Minnesota
- Travel the Chisago Lakes Water Trail
- State Parks Near Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast
- An Unforgettable Mothers Day Getaway in Minnesota
- Spring Getaway to the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Wine Tasting in Center City, Minnesota
- Fall Foliage in the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Get on the Water in the Chisago Lakes Area in Minnesota
- This Weekend in Center City (7/31/17)
- Culture in the Valley
- July 12th-16th ~ 2017 Karl Oskar Days
- Midsummer 2017
- 2017 Weekly Summer Events
- June 9-11 Wannigan Days
- Memorial Day 2017
- St. Croix Valley Pottery Tour for Mother’s Day!
- May 6th, 2017 Bird Walk