To continue with informing you guys about the fabulous festivals in the towns of our Chisago Lakes Community, this weekend we are showcasing Center City. The same town that Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast is located in so if you’re a guest with them that weekend, you’re in for a blast!
Center City is definitely a very small town. Like a population of 641 (2015 Census) small so the festivities are few but don’t be fooled, town pride and community support will make the few things going on simply fabulous! Personally I like best that the entire main street and local businesses are located in a 5 acre parcel immediately off Hwy 8. Super easy to find!
From 6pm-8pm Friday night there is cash bingo at the fire hall which is also just a couple blocks from the Inn and after that Maiden Dixie is performing at the annual street dance! There is a $5.00 cover but that’s nothing compared to what you would have paid to see them anywhere else. Besides great music there are great, wholesome and down-to-earth folk that will be awesome to celebrate life with!
Saturday there is a wide array of events in town including a triathlon, fishing contest, parade and pig roast (not in that order). Don’t forget about live music at Al’s Center Saloon and while you’re there pick up a burger, they are the best in the community! Sunday there will be ice cream, a car show and boat parade. To check out the entire schedule Click Here! We hope to see you there and as always, ask any of the Innkeepers at Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast for more information!
A little known fact about our area is that we have tons of music and arts. From theater to art galleries here is a list of things to think about checking out while you’re visiting Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast. Click on the pictures/logos for more information. A brief description of each location should help you navigate through. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask any of the Innkeepers at the Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast. We love to hear from you!
If you’re a guest at the Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast anytime between July 12th-16th we have a special treat for you! Lindstrom, the largest city of the Chisago Lakes community, is having their city festival. Karl Oskar Days has been a tradition for 55 years. Each year as unique as the last, it is a phenomenal chance to experience the warmth of our bedroom community. Celebrating again our Swedish heritage and the 4 book series “The Emigrants” inspired by our scenic and Scandinavian-like landscape when Vilhelm Moberg visited in 1948.
Karl Oskar is a fictional character but Lindstrom has made him and his wife Kristina real. Starting Wednesday July 12th, our annual Snuff Box hunt begins. Yes, I said Snuff Box. Personally I have never found it so I have no clue what it looks like but it could possibly be an empty box that once held snuff hidden within the Lindstrom City limits. When I was a kid, it was said it was golden and that’s how you know you have the right one. Haha! Who knows?!?! Each day a new clue is posted at 4 local businesses until the box is found. Here is a link to more details: Snuff Box Hunt.
In addition to the Snuff Box hunt there are a lot of other fabulous events and activities planned by our Chamber of Commerce and City of Lindstrom. I won’t try to mention everything but I assure you from Cribbage Tournaments to Auto Shows, Craft Fairs to an inflatable park, there will be something for you to not only participate in but thoroughly enjoy!!! Did I mention the parade and fireworks?!?! The full schedule is here: Karl Oskar Days 2017. They also have a very informative Facebook Page.
If you’re not from around the area and need help with where downtown, the Lion’s Park, the Beach Park or other celebration locations are, feel free to ask any of the Innkeepers at Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast. We will be happy to point you in the right direction!
- Things to do this Winter Near our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast
- 5 Reasons our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Getaway
- 7 Wineries to Visit Near the Chisago Lakes in Minnesota
- Biking the Swedish Immigrant Trail Near our Inn
- Take a Scenic Boat Tour During Your Stay at Summit Inn
- The Best Hiking Near Our Center City Bed and Breakfast
- Plan Ahead for your Getaways in 2019!
- Plan a Valentine’s Day Getaway to the Summit Inn!
- Buy a Gift Certificate For the Summit Inn
- Our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Fall Getaway
- Wineries and Wine Tasting Events Near our Bed and Breakfast
- Finding the Best Fall Foliage Near Center City
- Explore the Communities of Chisago Lakes, Minnesota
- Scenic Boat Tours in Taylors Falls, Minnesota
- Travel the Chisago Lakes Water Trail
- State Parks Near Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast
- An Unforgettable Mothers Day Getaway in Minnesota
- Spring Getaway to the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Wine Tasting in Center City, Minnesota
- Fall Foliage in the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Get on the Water in the Chisago Lakes Area in Minnesota
- This Weekend in Center City (7/31/17)
- Culture in the Valley
- July 12th-16th ~ 2017 Karl Oskar Days
- Midsummer 2017
- 2017 Weekly Summer Events
- June 9-11 Wannigan Days
- Memorial Day 2017
- St. Croix Valley Pottery Tour for Mother’s Day!
- May 6th, 2017 Bird Walk