Memorial Day Weekend in the Chisago Lakes Area and surrounding communities is going to be a great one for 2017. We have a lot for you to do starting with the Kick-Off of the Chisago City Farmers Market and the Lindstrom Farmers Market. What makes these market’s so great is that they are more like a bazaar than just a farmers market. With things like fresh cut flowers, nursery plants, homemade jams and breads as well as items made by local crafters, these Farmers Markets are the place to go! Chisago City has theirs on Friday nights from 2pm-6:30pm at Moberg Park. Check out their website for a schedule as they also host local musicians and artists for more community fun! Lindstrom has theirs on Wednesday Evenings from 3pm-6pm and Saturday Mornings 8am-12pm at St. Bridgets Catholic Church Parking lot.
For the water-lovers, there is an opportunity to tour many of our 19 local lakes by joining our neighbors at the Memorial Day Paddle. Bring your canoe, kayak or paddleboard and join other outdoor enthusiasts as you travel the Chisago Lakes Water Trail. There are 3 different levels of time and difficulty so if you’re a little rusty from the winter, NO WORRIES! There is room for you too! Don’t forget to pack a lunch…
For those looking for a traditional Memorial Day there are many services to attend in the Chisago Lakes Community. Here is a schedule as posted on their Facebook Page.
Monday, May 30
9:00 am St. Bridget of Sweden Catholic Church
9:15 am Fairview Cemetery
10:00 am Memorial Park
10:30 am West Green Lake Cemetery
11:00 am South Green Lake Cemetery
11:45 am Panola Cemetery
12:30 pm St. Francis Cemetery
1:15 pm Scandia Cemetery
Greeting: Adjutant, Post 272
National Anthem: Audience Participation
Invocation: Pastor Dan Doughty
Special Reading/Tribute to Veterans:
George McMahon, 1st Vice commander, Post 272
Roll Call, Adjutant: Post 171
Honor Salute, Honor Guard, Post 272, Post 83, Post 1678
So as you can see, there is a lot of family fun happening this weekend! Join us at Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast if you need a place to stay or additional information about our fabulous Award-Winning community!
If you are an artist, someone who appreciates art or not even sure you like art…the weekend of May 12, 2017 is for you! The upper St. Croix Valley Artists are having their 25th Annual Pottery Tour. From pots to bowls to plates and platters, these beautiful and unique pieces are fabulous! Not only do you get to see the gorgeous hand-made pottery, you will see where the creations are made and who made them. It is fascinating to see how they reflect the personalities of their creators! 52 different artisans at 7 locations makes this a weekend to remember. It just so happens to be Mother’s Day Weekend so treat the special lady in your life with a weekend at Summit Inn Bed & Breakfast and an unforgettable artistic tour nestled in the beautiful St.Croix Valley.
There is an exciting opportunity for our guests and locals over the weekend of May 6th, 2017. Go on a Bird Walk at the Ki-Chi-Saga County Park at 8:00 a.m. hosted by Sue Leaf. It’s easy to find and should be a lot of fun for all you avid bird watchers. Let Elaine know at Summit Inn Bed & Breakfast and she will put together a birding package that includes a pair of binoculars, a bird reference book and a small snack for two!
If birds are your thing, be sure to come back to Summit Inn Bed & Breakfast on May 13th, 2017. At 7:30 a.m. there will be another bird walk because it’s International Bird Day! Meet Sue Leaf again, this time at the Wild River State Park boat landing.
Don’t have a Minnesota State Park sticker? No problem! There is another bird walk at 7:30 a.m. the same day with Joe Sausen at Anderson Park in Isanti County which is located SW of North Branch and NW of Stacy. Ask Elaine at Summit Inn Bed & Breakfast for additional information or directions!
Looking forward to seeing you there!!!
- Biking the Swedish Immigrant Trail Near our Inn
- Take a Scenic Boat Tour During Your Stay at Summit Inn
- The Best Hiking Near Our Center City Bed and Breakfast
- Plan Ahead for your Getaways in 2019!
- Plan a Valentine’s Day Getaway to the Summit Inn!
- Buy a Gift Certificate For the Summit Inn
- Our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Fall Getaway
- Wineries and Wine Tasting Events Near our Bed and Breakfast
- Finding the Best Fall Foliage Near Center City
- Explore the Communities of Chisago Lakes, Minnesota
- Scenic Boat Tours in Taylors Falls, Minnesota
- Travel the Chisago Lakes Water Trail
- State Parks Near Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast
- An Unforgettable Mothers Day Getaway in Minnesota
- Spring Getaway to the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Wine Tasting in Center City, Minnesota
- Fall Foliage in the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Get on the Water in the Chisago Lakes Area in Minnesota
- This Weekend in Center City (7/31/17)
- Culture in the Valley
- July 12th-16th ~ 2017 Karl Oskar Days
- Midsummer 2017
- 2017 Weekly Summer Events
- June 9-11 Wannigan Days
- Memorial Day 2017
- St. Croix Valley Pottery Tour for Mother’s Day!
- May 6th, 2017 Bird Walk