State Parks Near Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast
Spring has been wild in Minnesota this year, but it’s been increasingly beautiful as we head into this final stretch of spring and into summer. After being mired in cold, wintry weather for the past five months, now’s a great time to plan a spring getaway! The Chisago Lakes Area, which encompasses the towns of Chisago City, Lindstrom, Center City, Shafer and Taylors Falls, is beautiful this time of year. Together, this active community, which is surrounded by beautiful lakes and the St. Croix River, embraces outdoor recreation and small-town living. This spring, head outside for a gentle hike, and to explore the many wonderful state parks in our area. Book your room at our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast today.
State Parks Near Center City, Minnesota
This pleasantly mild spring weather offers the perfect conditions for hiking, and the Center City area has a great variety of parks worthy of exploration. In fact, there are over 40 parks in the Chisago Lakes area. Wild River State Park and Minnesota Interstate State Park alone offer over 40 miles of trails to enjoy. The three closest state parks to Center City include Interstate State Park, Wild River State Park, and William O’Brien State Park. They are all approximately a 15 minute drive from the Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast, and offer some of the best outdoor recreation in the area.
- Interstate State Park near Taylors Falls is most famous for it’s Glacial Potholes Area, where you can look into the world’s deepest explored pothole, walk down into the Bake Oven Pothole, and explore potholes of all sizes along the river gorge. Other things to do in the park include climbing the cliffs of the St. Croix River Dalles, canoeing the flat-water, watching kayakers rush through the rapids, or relaxing on an excursion boat. Spring is also the perfect time to see the area’s wildflowers.
- Wild River State Park, nestled on the shores of the St. Croix River. Day visitors to the park can enjoy a variety of hiking throughout the park, in addition to a leisurely paddle down the St. Croix River. Wild River is also a wonderful place to view wildlife, including hawks, owls, eagles, songbirds, beaver, raccoon, fox, coyote, otter, mink, and so much more.
- William O’Brien State Park is a beautiful park. A popular activity here is to walk the 1.6 miles on the Riverside Trail, which winds by the St. Croix River, Lake Alice, and majestic 100-year old pine trees. The hiking trails here offer quiet respite in the rolling, wooded hills, and the river and lake are ideal for canoeing. The river is also a migratory pathway that offers visitors an exciting diversity of sights and sounds to enjoy.
One of the things we like most about Center City is that it doesn’t really matter what you do while you’re here. It’s always beautiful in Minnesota, and your stay will be equal parts memorable and relaxing. Get your Spring getaway plans in order today! Book your room at our luxury Bed and Breakfast in Center City, Minnesota!
- Plan Ahead for your Getaways in 2019!
- Plan a Valentine’s Day Getaway to the Summit Inn!
- Buy a Gift Certificate For the Summit Inn
- Our Minnesota Bed and Breakfast is the Perfect Fall Getaway
- Wineries and Wine Tasting Events Near our Bed and Breakfast
- Finding the Best Fall Foliage Near Center City
- Explore the Communities of Chisago Lakes, Minnesota
- Scenic Boat Tours in Taylors Falls, Minnesota
- Travel the Chisago Lakes Water Trail
- State Parks Near Summit Inn Bed and Breakfast
- An Unforgettable Mothers Day Getaway in Minnesota
- Spring Getaway to the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Wine Tasting in Center City, Minnesota
- Fall Foliage in the St. Croix River Valley in Minnesota
- Get on the Water in the Chisago Lakes Area in Minnesota
- This Weekend in Center City (7/31/17)
- Culture in the Valley
- July 12th-16th ~ 2017 Karl Oskar Days
- Midsummer 2017
- 2017 Weekly Summer Events
- June 9-11 Wannigan Days
- Memorial Day 2017
- St. Croix Valley Pottery Tour for Mother’s Day!
- May 6th, 2017 Bird Walk